Holi2019 Road Trip to Shreevardhan Beach

By Amrit Mishra - March 27, 2019

“Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert

What is your way to celebrate Holi?

Yes, I obviously like colors and to play with friends dipping in water and the gulal chasing all to put colors. But this time I opted to play a different way.

No colors no music no shouting no water. Only me and a solo road trip to explore me.

The day started 7am when I packed my camera and kicked my bike filled it with lots of fuel for the day, while everyone started preparing to play colors, I was already cruising on the roads of MULSHI. Crossing mulshi lake entered the tamini ghat section. Even though the roads were under construction and major part of the road was full of dust and trucks overtaking each other, nothing could take away the enjoyment of riding alone after a long time.
This was the most amazing feeling ever, being on my bike again, enjoying the wind and the beautiful mountains. Its been already more than 2 years I did any ride like this. And I realized that was the thing I was missing actually.
I am actually a  slow rider, but riding for me holds a different meaning. I am scared a lot of riding fast, but I love to enjoy being with nature and explore different locations. And my bike helps me in this a lot. 





Many time I get question doesn't I get bored of riding alone. Actually, it doesn't feel as if I am alone. I keep on clicking lots of pictures, I keep on enjoying the beauty of rivers, mountains, and forest. I enjoy the hot sun while crossing the patches of forest. I enjoy the birds while sitting alone and looking above the valley. I enjoy bathing in rivers and lakes. And many times I get travelers on the way also, who shares his journey and all the exciting rides to offbeat locations.


This Holi Ride was also not planned it just came promptly, I decided one night before and started for the ride not knowing where I am going. I just wanted to be alone and be myself.  Around 9am I had one plate of poha in between mountains, the most delicious food you can get, there was actually no one except me and the cook who guess own that small restaurant.
While climbing down the Tamini Ghat I saw the board towards Diveghar. This was not planned at all, but I did some calculation and started towards the location. The route was again many places in construction as a major part was crossing small hills, so lots of zigzag route but it was amazing. 

At one point I missed the diversion towards the diveghar and ended up in the shrivardhan beach, again this was not planned. But actually glad I ended up at this location, check the pics to understand why.

Being a weekday and holi, there was no one at all except 3 to 4 people at the beach. Till the time I reached it was already 1pm, spent some time at beach looking at the lost sea and the horizon. Then I started towards the diveghar beach crossing the coastal route. And it is one of the best beautiful locations. One side of the road was white sand beach other side trees and the wind crossing the road. It was so amazingly beautiful I was awestruck with the beauty of the location. This place I spent maximum time clicking and doing random kinds of stuff.

many times we are so much stuck with our work that we actually tend to forget the beauty and simplicity this world is holding and waiting for us to open our winds and fly. The sea, the winds felt like they are trying to say something. I was actually flying with my mind. All of my tiredness gone I was alive again to look the view lost in the winds.
“What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do — especially in other people’s minds.  When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then.  People don’t have your past to hold against you.  No yesterdays on the road.” -William Least Heat Moon

Around 3pm I started back journey via Lonavala.
This journey was kind of trip to wonder where I am going to be with me and live my life once again.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments