LOCK DOWN RIDE PUNE TO BHUBANESHWAR

By Amrit Mishra - August 16, 2020

A simple lockdown ride, covering some of the best beautiful locations

Routes:  Pune Solapur, Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Vishakapatnam, Berhampur, Bhubaneshwar.

Bhigwan Near Solapur

Naldurg Fort

Since locked at Pune, due to lockdown and this COVID 19 situation. It was getting boring and very tiring being at the same place always. So as soon as got some relaxation I applied for travel E pass and started my journey home via my bike. Since it is august there was always chances of rain all across INDIA. but managed to have a decent and amazing journey without any issues or rain.





Weather was calm with winds, beautiful blue sky, and dancing clouds. I am always an easy rider. there was no target, no hotels booked. just packed my bags and started my journey. I enjoyed the whole route. The best part was the temperature, so decent and best for the ride.  The black tarmac of road surrounded with green and colorful trees and the clear blue sky on top to make it like a painting.





By the evening of Day 1, I was able to cross Hyderabad and found a good temple where I camped for the day. Even though too much sound from the on going trucks and the buses, but got some decent sleep. Day 2 was long and was like never-ending. As I dont want to make this ride takeaways my Monday.



Day 2 I was targeted to cover 1200 km which was nearly impossible. and I was able to make it the next morning at 8am at my home. Yes, sleepless slow ride the whole night. with only 2 hrs of a nap in between. I dont own a superbike to cross 1000s of km a day. I ride slow and steadily enjoying out some Kishor Kumar. 




My new helmet was amazing, no fog and it holds my head tight. It was hard initially getting acquainted with a new helmet, as it was tight. and I have the habit of stopping every 30 min to take pictures. but it's fun.

Sometimes the ride feels like endless I was dead tired the next day riding across borders whole night I just wanted it to end. Yes, I was enjoying the ride but I was too tired to keep my eyes open. and keep sitting on the bike with sour butts.  But finally, post 16hrs + 24hrs ride I was home. 




Watch the Youtube video with some more photos and a small poem.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments