Bhubaneshwar to Kolkatta Weekend Ride.

By Amrit Mishra - August 05, 2021

The journey started Saturday morning at 5 am from Bhubaneshwar, the trip was planned on Friday night, with no preplanning.

The distance I was about to cover was approx 450km, Packed a few pieces of stuff in the morning and started.




The route I followed was : 

Bhubaneshwar - Cuttack - Balasore - Kharagpur -  Howrah.

I reached Balasore around 10 am in the morning, had some breakfast, and continued my journey.

Balasore is popular for its beach I wanted to visit but lack of timing was an issue so skipped it.

Since I had already done 1lakh Km riding on my bike so these small trips are very normal.

I carried my tent, sleeping bag and saddlebag are enough.. nothing more was needed. as I had to return by Monday for my office as well.





it was monsoon, so the route was amazing enjoyed a lot of ride with few drizzles of rain. Yes had to carry my raincoat and rain cover for bags. Anyway riding was good, the road was good, so reached Kharagpur around 1 pm.




And from Kharagpur to Kolkatta is 100km approx with amazing smooth roads.

I touched Kolatta at 3pm.  had a delicious egg roll, jalebi.




Saturday and Sunday were all about meeting my relatives and enjoying some beautiful locations.

The best part of Kolkatta is we can still see the effects of the British era, modern life, and as well as packed crowded streets.

Best place for photography and enjoy delicious foods.

I spend the afternoon lying and enjoying the green sounding of eden garden, lying down and looking at the sun.








Saturday i spent my time with my relative and started my back journey on Sunday evening. 7 pm approx.

Had dinner in a Dhaba and stayed in my tent for the night.

Monday morning at 3 am again started back to Bhubaneshwar.



Overall covered approx 1200km in the whole ride and enjoyed it a lot. Yes, it was a little tiring but it was fun to explore and enjoy things. 

That's why we ride.

Follow the link for more travel photos.

My JOurney To Destination - Instagram

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments