2011 : Memories down the lane

By Amrit Mishra - January 05, 2012


1 Jan 2011,

"It’s already more than 6 months I am here in Hyderabad. And still I am in search of someone to share, someone to be my friend. Today whole world is enjoying the New Year with their loved and dear ones, i called my home 2-3 times since last night wishing my parents New Year, but some where I still feel lonely. Why do we have Sundays? I don’t need Sunday, it makes me sad, make me miss my friends in
college, make me miss the dosha and cakes my mom use to prepare at home in the new year
morning. Most of days I try to keep myself busy with work to avoid missing all of them, but how long."

on trip with my parent to "Lord Hamuman" Temple in Orrisa


And with that I started my new year of 2011, no one around to smile with me, to talk with me, only thing I have is a hope to get a good job soon so that I can bring my parent  to my home and stay with them. I never knew my days will change so early.  Soon in the 2 week I got a gift from CEO of my company a "REEBOK" watch, it was the best feeling, he calling my name and gifting me the watch in front of all. Everyone was eager to see the gift I got. And after few days I meet one girl from my office, not so beautiful, not so attractive. But cute enough to make u smile with her. The days passed with her like wind. My schedule was still same going to office, working, talking to her little and come home nothing new. Months passed I don’t know when, but I was in middle of July. Hmm summer was near to end or started I have no clue, but rain has already started showing its magic in Hyderabad. And that was the time I felt something special for first time in life. The drop of water, cold air, and the smell of her hair everything all at one time made me skip my heart beat. Wow "I was in love". Days passed talking to her, teasing her. I travelled so many places in Hyderabad with her from Charminar to Hitech city ...and now I always eagerly wait for Sundays to come. Every Sunday it seems new to me.


Celebrating Durga Puja with my parents

A design of diyas and flowers for "
Lord Shiva"
me at Osman Sagar Lake
I knew I have to come out of this one so soon this also got over. And then came the winter, and after working for 1 n 1/2 year for first time I got some thing for me, that’s my Digital camera on the eve of Diwali, I spend much of time taking some random pics and again deleting them and again changing the camera settings. The camera fever continued for more than a month and then it’s time to click something good .After coming to Hyderabad I did something so exciting. A Marathon race organized by State Bank of Hyderabad. 10km run with thousands of people shouting, laughing, running, playing it was nice experience. I was running alone but I manage to complete my race in time and was able to capture some nice memories in my camera. After this I went on a tour to historical place called “Qutub Sahi tomb” and some other place.  And my year ended like this.

a trip to Budhha statue at Hyderabad

Colors of Hyderabad from my Camera

People enjoying in marathon race

on a performace of Jasbir Jassi at Qutub Sahi tomb


1 Jan 2012,

Wow, I never thought that I could have a start like this, today I went on trip to “Ramoji Film City” after visiting temple and all. The most amazing place you can see in Hyderabad. What I am excited is that hope this year will be also good as first day full of enjoyment, excitement and success.  2011 went like nothing, no good not much bad, but it taught me many lessons. Many times we don’t get what we want, and sometimes we will get something we have never expected, the only thing which matters is to have a faith and hope of happiness within your heart which keeps you going in all the situations.
A small santa doll captured from my camera

watching live performance on  the day of new year 2012

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments